Fast golden caramel bundt cake

4 Oct

A classic cake that’s a cinch to bake

the hungry mum

This blog should rightly be called The Hungry Mum Who Bakes Quick & Easy Cakes. Yes I’m hungry and yes, I’m impatient, dammit! I want cake and I want it now. Often the baking urge arrives right in the middle of cactus hour or trying to put the kids to bed so I need a no-fuss recipe that can be bunged into the oven.

This caramel cake recipe, courtesy of the kitchen goddess at the Australian Women’s Weekly & their book ‘Quick Mix Cakes’, is so quick and simple. Baking it in a bundt tin & dusting with copious amounts  of icing sugar makes it look fancy with all the faffing around of icing.

These beautiful photos were taken by Anna Warr [annawarr.com], a photographer who has an eye for detail & patience by the kilo…

185g softened butter, cubed

1/2 soft brown sugar

1 1/2 cups…

View original post 127 more words

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Fast golden caramel bundt cake”

1. Heidie October 4, 2015 at 7:44 pm #

I can’t wait for the baking season to begin again 🙂 this is great recipe!

• The Hungry Mum October 5, 2015 at 12:21 am #

Thanks so much! For me baking is an (almost) daily activity 😉

2. thesurprisedgourmet October 5, 2015 at 10:42 am #

Having a quick and easy cake recipe is always handy. That terrible sweet tooth monster does tend to strike at odd times around our house too and you can’t go wrong with caramel.

3. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella October 5, 2015 at 10:43 am #

I love all kinds of cakes but yes quick and easy ones are a favourite of mine too!

4. Gather and Graze October 6, 2015 at 12:38 pm #

Right… I know what I’ll be baking tomorrow morning! Sounds delicious HM!

5. ChgoJohn October 8, 2015 at 12:58 pm #

I’ve not had the best of luck with bundt cakes. In fact, my last attempt ended up in the trash, pan included. I’ve since bought a new pan — it was that pan’s fault, after all — and your cake seems like a great one to break it in. Thanks.