Easy raspberry butter cake

4 May

Once again my trusty AWW bible, Bake, has provided me with a delicious, easy, can’t-stuff-it-up cake. I present the buttery and moreish raspberry butter cake that can be made with fresh or frozen berries [I always use frozen but never defrost them before use].

Thank you to the wonderfully wonderful Anna Warr for the gorgeous photos [http://www.facebook.com/AnnaWarrPhotography]

125g diced butter, softened

3/4 cup caster sugar

1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted

1/2 cup milk

3/4 cup raspberries

Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a round 20cm cake tin.

Butter butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy and then beat in eggs one at a time.

Stir in milk and flour in two batches.

Fold in 1/4 cup raspeberries.

Spread 3/4 of cake mix into pan and sprinkle with remaining berries then spread remainder of batter over the top.

Bake for between 45-60 mins [depending on oven]. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes, turn top side up onto wire rcak.

When cold sprinkle with sifted icing sugar and decorate with a few extra berries.

ImageImage

14 Responses to “Easy raspberry butter cake”

1. Fresh from Kitchen May 4, 2012 at 8:15 am #

Yum…This cake is beautifully baked! I bet it taste as delicious as it’s look. I love raspberry!

• thehungrymum May 4, 2012 at 8:39 am #

Thanks, it is a very yum cake [not overly sweet, I don't have a sweet tooth]. Happy weekend!

2. gourmetgetaway May 5, 2012 at 9:43 am #

Oh this cake looks so delicious! You can’t go past an AWW recipe book :)

Lovely site too, thanks for dropping by GG and leaving a comment xx

• thehungrymum May 5, 2012 at 10:00 am #

I know – those books are classics as soon as they are printed!
      Happy weekend x

3. the wicked noodle (@thewickednoodle) May 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

I love anything with fresh raspberries. It’s my favorite fruit. Such a nice texture with the cake, too. YUM!!

• thehungrymum May 7, 2012 at 12:30 am #

I agree – I love the squish of a berry against the crumb of a cake. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

4. Lauralovescakes May 6, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

This looks really lovely! Raspberries are my favourite fruit, especially in cakes! :-)

• thehungrymum May 7, 2012 at 12:29 am #

They look so pretty, especially in cake!
      Thanks for popping by :)

5. Choclette May 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

That looks delicious – now the only thing missing is chocolate ;-)

• thehungrymum May 8, 2012 at 9:44 am #

I agree – chocolate makes *everything* better :)

6. Hannah May 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

This cake looks so delicious and simple, I’m definitely going to give it a try. My mother-in-law has a bunch of AWW magazines from the 80s that she still uses!

• thehungrymum May 14, 2012 at 1:26 am #

Those AWW recipes are the best! There are some crackers from the 80s!

7. vivilinh June 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

yummm!! this looks sooo good!!