Easy raspberry butter cake

4 May

Once again my trusty AWW bible, Bake, has provided me with a delicious, easy, can’t-stuff-it-up cake. I present the buttery and moreish raspberry butter cake that can be made with fresh or frozen berries [I always use frozen but never defrost them before use].

Thank you to the wonderfully wonderful Anna Warr for the gorgeous photos [http://www.facebook.com/AnnaWarrPhotography]

125g diced butter, softened

3/4 cup caster sugar

1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted

1/2 cup milk

3/4 cup raspberries

Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a round 20cm cake tin.

Butter butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy and then beat in eggs one at a time.

Stir in milk and flour in two batches.

Fold in 1/4 cup raspeberries.

Spread 3/4 of cake mix into pan and sprinkle with remaining berries then spread remainder of batter over the top.

Bake for between 45-60 mins [depending on oven]. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes, turn top side up onto wire rcak.

When cold sprinkle with sifted icing sugar and decorate with a few extra berries.

ImageImage

14 Responses to “Easy raspberry butter cake”

1. Fresh from Kitchen May 4, 2012 at 8:15 am #

Yum…This cake is beautifully baked! I bet it taste as delicious as it’s look. I love raspberry!

• thehungrymum May 4, 2012 at 8:39 am #

Thanks, it is a very yum cake [not overly sweet, I don't have a sweet tooth]. Happy weekend!

2. gourmetgetaway May 5, 2012 at 9:43 am #

Oh this cake looks so delicious! You can’t go past an AWW recipe book :)

Lovely site too, thanks for dropping by GG and leaving a comment xx

• thehungrymum May 5, 2012 at 10:00 am #

I know – those books are classics as soon as they are printed!
      Happy weekend x

3. the wicked noodle (@thewickednoodle) May 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

I love anything with fresh raspberries. It’s my favorite fruit. Such a nice texture with the cake, too. YUM!!

• thehungrymum May 7, 2012 at 12:30 am #

I agree – I love the squish of a berry against the crumb of a cake. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

4. Lauralovescakes May 6, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

This looks really lovely! Raspberries are my favourite fruit, especially in cakes! :-)

• thehungrymum May 7, 2012 at 12:29 am #

They look so pretty, especially in cake!
      Thanks for popping by :)

5. Choclette May 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

That looks delicious – now the only thing missing is chocolate ;-)

• thehungrymum May 8, 2012 at 9:44 am #

I agree – chocolate makes *everything* better :)

6. Hannah May 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

This cake looks so delicious and simple, I’m definitely going to give it a try. My mother-in-law has a bunch of AWW magazines from the 80s that she still uses!

• thehungrymum May 14, 2012 at 1:26 am #

Those AWW recipes are the best! There are some crackers from the 80s!

7. vivilinh June 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

yummm!! this looks sooo good!!

The Tofu Diaries

A UK Vegetarian Food, Travel & Photography Blog

The Sweet Hermit

A catalogue of my love of baking, travelling and life after moving abroad

A Wondering Minstrel I

I'm wandering from topic to topic and wondering what on earth I am doing.

cleaneatingfeelingfabulous

A uni student that's passionate about being healthy, being happy, and being fabulous on the inside and outside!

Make, shake and bake

My baking adventure

Daisy Chain Feasts

Adventures in fun and food

Food 4 Your Mood

A journey to the Gastronomy Universe. A one-stop destination for foodies, chefs and wannabes.

Meals with Margaret

From My Home to Yours

eatmeetswest

Food goes here.

Konnichiwa Mickey

The unofficial guide to Tokyo Disney Resort

flippenblog's Blog

Now that is exactly the question. What is this flippen blog about? I am like a crow. If it shines, I like it. If it is pretty, I like it. If I can eat it, even better!

Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog

Easy Recipes for Anyone Who Likes to Cook and Bake

kate attwood cooking

recipes. meals. loves. hates. successes. disasters

Le donne lo sanno...

Blog rivolto in modo particolare al mondo delle donne,alle loro passioni,desideri,preoccupazioni.Consigli sullo shopping,sulla cosmesi,sull'alimentazione e in generale sulla vita

kitchen konfidential

...sharing my cooking secrets & recipe inspirations

littlemiss yorkshire pudding

All things foodie in, out and all about

Me+Him+You

My name is Breanna, and my husbands name is Justin . We are best friends, and newlyweds! We love subscription boxes, taking photos, exploring LA, and laughing until we cry. I want this blog to represent both us, and show what marriage is really like after you say " I DO!"