One bowl lemon bundt cream cake

26 Apr

I have probably previously mentioned my affection for bundt cakes – I believe they are so much more pleasing to the eye than your everyday normal cake shape.

This lemon cream bundt comes, as so many of the recipes on this blog do, courtesy of the fab cookery folk at the Australian Women’s Weekly. This magazine [not a weekly any more] is renowned for their triple-tested recipes and I doubt there is a kitchen in this wide brown land of us that doesn’t have an AWW recipe in its drawers or stuck to the fridge. The recipe appeared in the book called Quick Mix Cakes which I suspect is no longer in print. If you do happen upon a copy I urge you to buy it – every recipe in it is super easy and delicious.

125g room-temperature butter, diced

1  ½ cups self-raising flour

½ cup sour cream

150g caster sugar

grated rind from two lemons

LET’S GET TO IT

Preheat oven to 170C.

Grease a bundt pan, ensuring you get into all the nooks and crannies. I use non-stick spray and find that it works quite well.

Combine all ingredients into bowl of electric mixer and beat on low until everything is combined.

Increase speed until mixture is smooth and changed in colour.

Spoon the mixture into pan, ensuring you gently push it into the crevices of the design of the pan.

Bake for 40-ish minutes/until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool in pan 10 minutes before gently removing to a wire rack.

When cold dust liberally with icing sugar.

ImageImage

13 Responses to “One bowl lemon bundt cream cake”

1. Dione April 26, 2012 at 5:29 am #

Yum, must get my oven fixed!

• thehungrymum April 26, 2012 at 5:44 am #

Broken oven? I think I would probably be in the corner in the fetal position, rocking back and forth. Could live without TV, DVD, probably even lights if I had to, but without my oven I am nothing…

2. Little Gumnut April 26, 2012 at 6:26 am #

sounds delicious! Must buy sour cream and try out the bundt pan a friend just gave me!!

• thehungrymum April 26, 2012 at 7:02 am #

I almost never have sour cream in the house. My lovely mum had made some pumpkin soup [my fav!] and bought sour cream to go with the soup. I used it for the cake!

3. Veggiewitch April 26, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

Yummy! ♥

4. thecompletecookbook April 27, 2012 at 5:44 am #

Lovely recipe – just the way I like it – quick, easy and tasty. :-) Mandy

• thehungrymum April 27, 2012 at 7:44 am #

That’s how I roll! Thanks for the feedback :)

5. Pam April 27, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

This one is calling my name! I love lemon desserts.

• thehungrymum April 27, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

Me too! Let me know if you try it.
      Thanks for dropping by :)

6. Rose Taylor September 4, 2012 at 10:40 am #

I do have a recipe from AWW, all my friends at least have one of their recipes. And this cake I must try as soon as I can get my hands on some sour cream. It’s so delicious to look at.

• thehungrymum September 4, 2012 at 11:32 am #

You just can’t beat an AWW recipe- those women sure know their stuff :)

• thehungrymum September 13, 2012 at 10:37 am #

I almost never have sour cream in the fridge but if I do I bake with it! Lemon & sour cream are such a delish pairing.

the migrant chef

Gourmet comfort food at home and away.

Add A Little

A teenage girl with a passion for cooking wholesome, healthy food.

Charlotte No Glu

"My Little Moorish Cooking" ... Délicieusement sans gluten et sans lait - GLUTEN FREE & DAIRY FREE

Pearlsbounce

Oscillating between Food, Wine & Stationary and Trotting the globe for the best finds!

fourth generation farmgirl

wool and wine to tractors and travel

Whiskey & Chanel

A dash of spice and a little gold trim

Eloises Edibles

The relatable foodies blog

livewanderlove

Go out and see the world

Doc Ellen Cooks

Co-author of cookbook "Students Go Gourmet, simple gourmet for every day," ER pediatrician, mother of four, food blogger, food historian: sharing recipes and a thing or two about the balancing act

The Odd Pantry

Essays on food

alifemoment

Colourful Food and Lifestyle

Tokyo Five

A family of five in Tokyo, Japan...

Blessed with a Star on the Forehead

As I navigate through this life ...

Custard or Cream

"foods for eating not styling"

food & foto

with audrey michelle

Peas with Honey

a writer talking food

For The Love Of Ghee

A recipe blog, by a Zimbabwean-born Indian, laced with food memories from the past and present.

Nessy Eater

A Sydney food blogger who believes knives and forks ain't gonna lift themselves.