Easy passionfruit melting moments

19 Apr

Is there a more melt-in-the-mouth creation than the melting moment? Buttery. Light. Scrumptious. Swoonworthy. These creations are always a hit and if you were to package them up in a pretty box and give to someone close to your heart they would be very appreciative, I’m sure. You can omit the passionfruit from the icing if it doesn’t float your boat and they will still be gorgeous.

This recipe originally appeared on taste.com.au. Anna Warr took these lovely photos.

250g softened butter, cubed

1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted

2 cups plain flour

1/3 cup cornflour

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Passionfruit filling

60g butter, softened

1 large passionfruit

1 cup sifted pure icing sugar

Preheat oven to 160C and line two baking trays with baking paper.

In bowl of mixer beat butter, vanilla and icing sugar until light and fluffy.

Sift flours over butter mixture and beat  until a soft dough forms.

Roll teaspoonfuls  into small balls and when on tray use a fork dipped in flour to gently flatten.

Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the passionfruit filling: beat butter in electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in passionfruit pulp and icing sugar.

Spread flat side of biscuit with filling and sandwich with another biscuit.

7 Responses to “Easy passionfruit melting moments”

1. girlinafoodfrenzy April 19, 2012 at 11:13 am #

I’ll let you in on my terribly guilty secret! Each week on Thursday afternoons at school I have a melting moment without fail at tea time. (Only one a week) but I seriously look forward to my biccy each week and this fantastic recipe reminds me of my foodie ‘love’ moment which gets me through the rest of my day!!! Yum yum, yum!

• thehungrymum April 19, 2012 at 11:25 am #

Just one? Once a week? Such willpower! Having said that, they are quite rich so one would [maybe] be enough!

• girlinafoodfrenzy April 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

I think I might need more than one though and your recipe gives me the perfect excuse once I’m back at school, ha ha!

2. Marti Cuatt April 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

My mum used to make the most meltingest melting moments. The recipe is in her falling apart book that I’m going to write about soon. Love the idea of passionfruit icing. It certainly does float my boat

• thehungrymum April 19, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

Oh, i can’t wait to read about your mum’s recipe book. Those are the types of cook books where real gems lurk!

3. dessertduches819 July 2, 2012 at 5:43 pm #

Love the passionfruit idea! So creative, and sounds delicious!

• thehungrymum July 3, 2012 at 7:29 am #

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as Miss 6 would say :)

Food 4 Your Mood

A journey to the Gastronomy Universe. A one-stop destination for foodies, chefs and wannabes.

Meals with Margaret

From My Home to Yours

eatmeetswest

Food goes here.

Konnichiwa Mickey

The unofficial guide to Tokyo Disney Resort

flippenblog's Blog

Now that is exactly the question. What is this flippen blog about? I am like a crow. If it shines, I like it. If it is pretty, I like it. If I can eat it, even better!

Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog

Easy Recipes for Anyone Who Likes to Cook and Bake

kate attwood cooking

recipes. meals. loves. hates. successes. disasters

Le donne lo sanno...

Storie,passioni,pensieri ....delle donne..

kitchen konfidential

...sharing my cooking secrets & recipe inspirations

littlemiss yorkshire pudding

All things foodie in, out and all about

Me+Him+You

My name is Breanna, and my husbands name is Justin . We are best friends, and newlyweds! We love subscription boxes, taking photos, exploring LA, and laughing until we cry. I want this blog to represent both us, and show what marriage is really like after you say " I DO!"

C'est Laureen Qui L'a Fait...

Que la vie soit douce et sucrée !

thewriterwithaquiff

Aspirational English student hoping to share his ideas

foodpassionandlove

Food packed with Passion and Love

My Tryst with Baking

Bake your way to life’s simple and sweet pleasures

The Haute Mommy Handbook