A simple sandwich brings happiness

30 Jan

This is my first post on thehungrymum so if you’re reading this – thanks! Hopefully you’ll stick around. I know from extensive blog reading that short’n’sweet is definietly the way to go so that’s going to be my mantra.

Today I hit the gym for the first time in years. Literally, the most exercise I’ve done in the past two years is unpacking groceries. Biggest surprise about gym world: it didn’t completely suck [and trust me, I despise exercising].

After all that sweating I decided a healthy lunch was in order so I made a yummy sandwich using Greek pitta bread. If you’ve never tried this bread stop reading now and track it down. Some delis and supermarkets store it in the chilled section as it keeps the bread fresher. Sidenote: this bread, fried with a smidge of olive oil, is divine when served warm with dips.

On a piece of swoon-worthy Greek pitta I spread beetroot dip [so lush], canned chickpeas [drained & rinsed], zucchini peeled into ribbons and a hint of tasty cheese. I meant to take a photo after a few bites to upload but didn’t get the chance [ahem].

I love trying new sandwich combinations but give me a wrap as my bread of choice any day.

What do you love on a sandwich?

8 Responses to “A simple sandwich brings happiness”

1. Mr WordPress January 30, 2012 at 1:52 am #

Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

2. girlinafoodfrenzy April 11, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Just checking out your original post and I must say a good sambo is one of my favourite things in the world. Believe it or not, I love fancy ingredients, prosciutto, good quality Brie or delicious pickles/relish but seriously if I had to choose tow things that never disappoint can I say grilled tomato & cheese, :)

• thehungrymum April 11, 2012 at 10:48 am #

Yes! Cheese & tom rocks! That is often my ‘go to’ sandwich, except sometimes I replace the tomato with, erm, more cheese.

• girlinafoodfrenzy April 11, 2012 at 11:31 am #

well, you’re a very sensible woman then… :)

3. Gallivanta January 20, 2013 at 2:11 am #

I love tomatoes in sandwiches. Thanks for reminding me about slicing zucchini; it’s zucchini growth spurt time in the garden and I am having to put on my ‘what to do next with zucchini” hat.

• thehungrymum January 20, 2013 at 4:01 am #

I always need a reminder eat eat zucchini raw – it has such a lovely, crunchy texture. Is great i salads, too :)

4. deliciouslynell December 9, 2013 at 5:14 am #

Yum! A healthy, happy sandwich. :3

Food 4 Your Mood

A journey to the Gastronomy Universe. A one-stop destination for foodies, chefs and wannabes.

Meals with Margaret

From My Home to Yours

eatmeetswest

Food goes here.

Konnichiwa Mickey

The unofficial guide to Tokyo Disney Resort

flippenblog's Blog

Now that is exactly the question. What is this flippen blog about? I am like a crow. If it shines, I like it. If it is pretty, I like it. If I can eat it, even better!

Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog

Easy Recipes for Anyone Who Likes to Cook and Bake

kate attwood cooking

recipes. meals. loves. hates. successes. disasters

Le donne lo sanno...

Storie,passioni,pensieri ....delle donne..

kitchen konfidential

...sharing my cooking secrets & recipe inspirations

littlemiss yorkshire pudding

All things foodie in, out and all about

Me+Him+You

My name is Breanna, and my husbands name is Justin . We are best friends, and newlyweds! We love subscription boxes, taking photos, exploring LA, and laughing until we cry. I want this blog to represent both us, and show what marriage is really like after you say " I DO!"

C'est Laureen Qui L'a Fait...

Que la vie soit douce et sucrée !

thewriterwithaquiff

Aspirational English student hoping to share his ideas

foodpassionandlove

Food packed with Passion and Love

My Tryst with Baking

Bake your way to life’s simple and sweet pleasures

The Haute Mommy Handbook